Rangeland, pastureland, national parks, and other natural areas account for about 48% of the total land area in the United States...Read More
This guide provides information on selective herbicides as one tool for invasive plant management on rangeland, pastures, and natural areas. Information on herbicide use rates, herbicide selectivity on non-target plants, sprayer calibration, seeding guidelines, environmental considerations, and other useful tips are provided in this document.
A successful long-term management program should be designed to include combinations of prevention and cultural, biological, mechanical, and herbicide management methods. This is particularly true in restoration programs where seedling establishment is dependent upon suppression of competitive species.Read More
Field trials indicate that the following weeds will be controlled with the rates of herbicide indicated below. For best results, most weeds should be treated when they are actively growing and under conditions favorable for growth.Read More
The following is a summary of experiments conducted at 16 locations in six states (Colorado, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota) to determine long-term response of native forbs to Milestone applied in early summer (June) or fall (September or October), and to develop a tolerance/susceptibility ranking for native plants.Read More
The following information provides guidelines for Milestone herbicide application around woody plants. In general, Transline® is the most selective herbicide to use for invasive plant control on sites where tree and shrub selectivity is important.Read More
- What is the environmental fate of Milestone® herbicide?
- Where can Milestone herbicide be used?
- What is the runoff potential of Milestone herbicide?
- What is the ecotoxicology profile of Milestone herbicide?
- What is the rainfast period?
- How close to water can I spray?
- Can Milestone herbicide be used in riparian areas?
- How long does Milestone® herbicide persist in the soil?
- What effect does pH have on degradation of Milestone?
- Can Milestone® herbicide be applied with spot treatments?
- What about surfactants?
- How long will Milestone herbicide remain active in the spray tank solution?
- Are there sprayer clean-out instructions to avoid damage to sensitive plants?
- Will Milestone herbicide harm grasses?
- Are there grazing or haying restrictions?