Vastlan™ Specialty Herbicide, developed by Dow AgroSciences, controls woody plant species and annual and perennial broadleaf weeds on natural areas, rangeland, pastures, forest, and non-crop areas (see below). Vastlan specialty herbicide is formulated as a soluble liquid (SL) and contains 4 pounds acid equivalent per gallon (lbs ae/ gallon) of triclopyr choline. The choline formulation of triclopyr reduced the signal from “Danger” to “Warning”. This reduced toxicity, volatility, odor, and higher concentration sets Vastlan herbicide apart from generic triclopyr offerings. Grass tolerance and weed control spectrum of Vastlan specialty herbicide is equal to that of Garlon 3A.
For the control of woody plant species and annual and perennial broadleaf weeds on:
- natural areas (open space) for example, campgrounds, parks, prairie management, trails and trailheads, recreation areas, wildlife openings and wildlife habitat and management areas;
- range and permanent grass pastures, grasses grown for hay, Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) sites;
- forest sites, conifer and tree plantations, and Christmas tree plantations;
- non-crop areas for example, airports, barrow ditches, communication transmission lines or structures, manufacturing and storage sites, electrical power and utility rights-of-way, fencerows, gravel pits, industrial sites, military lands, mining and drilling areas, non-irrigation ditch banks, oil and gas pads, parking lots, petroleum tank farms, pipelines, railroads, roadsides, storage areas, storm water retention areas, substations, unimproved rough turf grasses, vacant lots and other non-crop residential areas, and around farm buildings;
- including grazed areas on these sites.
APPLICATION RATE CONVERSION TABLE FOR GARLON® 3A TO VASTLAN™ SPECIALTY HERBICIDE
GARLON 3A HAS 3 LB ACID EQUIVALENT PER GALLON (AE/GALLON) AND VASTLAN HAS 4 LB AE/GALLON.
Garlon® 3A (3 lb ae/gal) = Vastlan™ (4 lb ae/gal)
- 2 pints/Acre = 1.5 pints/Acre
- 3 pints/Acre = 2.25 pints/Acre
- 4 pints/Acre = 3 pints/Acre
- 6 pints/Acre = 4.5 pints/Acre
- 8 pints/Acre (4 quarts) = 6 pints/Acre (3 quarts)
®™Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow
Vastlan is not registered for sale or use in all states. Contact your state pesticide regulatory agency to determine if a product is registered for sale or use in your state.
Always read and follow label directions.